Awards & Recognition
TriStar Horizon offers you the technology and quality healthcare you’d expect from a large facility, in a community setting that’s convenient to you.
Accreditations & Recognitions include:
- According to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) TriStar Horizon exceeds performance for clinical measures in caring for patients with heart attacks, heart failures, pneumonia, or undergoing surgery.
- TriStar Horizon is The Joint Commission accredited
- Nationally ranked Top 25% in Patient Safety by Data Advantage.
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center – accredited by the American College of Surgeons
- An accredited Chest Pain Center - a heart center that performs cardiac interventions to save precious time, heart muscle and lives
- The Cardiac Rehab program is accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- The Diabetes & Nutrition Center is accredited by the American Diabetes Assoc.
- The Solutions Surgical Weight Loss Program offering the gastric sleeve, lap-banding and laparoscopic gastric by-pass – accredited by the College of Surgeons.
- Digital Mammography – Mammography accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for the achievement of high practice standards.
- TriStar Horizon Laboratory is accredited by College of American Pathologists (CAP) meeting the highest standards of excellence.
Innovative Services include:
- Telemedicine - New technology is allowing experts from across the world to care for patients in Dickson and the surrounding areas, and it can be done in only a matter of seconds. The program virtually delivers experts to a patient's bedside. With the portable equipment, experts from across the world can zoom in on the patient's features, check X-rays, ask questions and even conduct physical exams.
- Therapeutic Hyperdermia – found mostly in large hospital but it is being used in all TriStar hospitals. It is a treatment where patients are cooled to near freezing. The technique is used to treat sudden cardiac arrest-when the heart suddenly stops beating. It is believed that the freezing slows the metabolism- delaying brain damage that usually occurs with cardiac arrest – and speeds the healing process.
- Observation Unit - Observation Unit may be a unfamiliar term to many. When ER doctors determine that a patient is too sick to be discharged home, but not sick enough to be admitted to the hospital, they are able to place the patient in an “observation status”. After further testing, the patient may be admitted or discharged home. An observation unit allows the Emergency Department physician to move the patient quickly to a unit designed to provide the level of care needed at that time. The observation unit enhances the flow of patients through the emergency department and frees up inpatient beds. It’s a more effective process for patients
- Electronic Administration Record (eMAR) - Utilizes barcode technology on the patient armband to identify the correct patient, drug and dose of every medication.
- Digital Mammography - Offers patient advantages that include decreasing the possibly of human error during interpretation and fewer return visits due to improved visibility of breast tissue.
- Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Center - A comprehensive, multi-disciplinary program that allows stroke and surgery patients to achieve an independent lifestyle by practicing life skills.
- Generations - A 7 bed inpatient program designed to meet the needs of senior adults who have experienced a change or worsening in their behavior or emotions.