For more information regarding our services or to refer a patient, please call or fax.
Hospital Rehabilitation in Dickson
At TriStar Horizon Medical Center, our inpatient rehab center is a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary program. Each patient's medical care and rehabilitation services are directed by a board-certified physician. While you're in the hospital, you'll be cared for by our experienced, compassionate team.
Your Care Team at TriStar Horizon
The "PT" concentrates on those functional activities associated with mobility and improvement in functional activities.
The "OT" focuses on re-training and re-education of cognitive skills and those skills utilized in functional activities.
The speech therapist works on functional activities associated with communication, thinking, swallowing and comprehending.
The rehab nurse concentrates on the management of medical issues and the education of medications, disease processes, and coordinates with the medical director.
The social worker serves as the patient's liaison with community resources and coordinates the patient's discharge.
To be considered for admission, patients should have one of the following diagnosis documented:
- Fracture or femur
- Major multiple trauma
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neurological disorder
- Congenital deformity
- Active ployarticular rheumatoid, psoriatic, and seronegative Arthritis
- Systemic vasculidites with joint inflammation
- Severe or Advanced Osteoarthritis (Must meet specific criteria)
- Total Joint Replacement (Must meet other specific criteria)
Other diagnosis will be considered on a case-by-case basis. In addition, patients should:
- Have an approved referral
- Be medically stable
- Understand the scope of the rehabilitation program and be willing to participate
- Require the treatment of two or more therapies (physical, occupational, and/or speech)
- Have the physical stamina and endurance to tolerate a minimum of three hours of therapy treatment daily (at least five days a week)
- Be able to follow directions and participate in treatment
- Have an identified discharge plan and support system
- Be free of uncontrolled infectious disease - (Please be advised that patients with identified MRSA, ORSA, or VRE who are receiving treatment will be considered for admission)
- Be 18-years of age or older
- Be free of mechanical assistive devices to breathe